Friday, September 18, 2009

Flightplan

Well, in about 14 hours or so, I'll be heading out to the UK. My flightplan is to to fly from Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis and from there connect over to London Heathrow. It's going to be a long flight but hopefully a good one.

I like flying but I haven't flown since 2006 when I went out to Vancouver on a youth trip with a local church in town. I'm looking forward to this. It's what I've been looking forward to all summer.

Summer for me was kind of like going into exile. I was hoping to find a summer job but that didn't work out too well for me. Essentially, my summer consisted of having nothing to do and all day to do it. It was dull.

I did read a lot over the summer. I read:

Demons by Dostoevsky
The Double by Dostoevsky
The Plague by Camus
Breakfast of Champions by Vonnegut
The Black Dahlia by Ellroy
Blood Meridian by McCarthy

I might be forgetting something. I also watched a lot of movies. I would go on movie renting binges. Family Video in town has some pretty good deals on movies. I saw a lot of films. Some I had heard of and others I hadn't. Either way, I watched a lot of movies.

I also hung out with friends when we could. Playing video games with them or just chilling. I also went to church as well as slept. A lot.

The most exciting thing I did over the summer was get my Visa. That process was so much paperwork. It was a bit ridiculous but hey, I got it so everything is all good.

I also was able to make it up to Iowa City at least once to see most of my college friends. If I didn't see you then I promise next year we'll hang out and catch up some time.

That was a good weekend. I'm going to miss them and I'm glad we all got together at least once to have a grand old time of our typical college angst driven debauchery. I hope they have a good year without me.

Well, I need to finish packing and try and get some more sleep. I'm looking forward to this year and it's finally here. This last week has been the longest just because of the anticipation. Oh well. This has been a long time coming but tomorrow, I'm heading off.

Again, Teddy Soldberg owes me a sandwich. (I'm not going to forget about that Teddy.)



No comments:

Post a Comment