Sunday, October 4, 2009

Bullring Pub

A week ago, myself and my flat mates all went out to the Bullring. This is a shopping center inside of Birmingham city center. It's huge. One side of it is covered in aluminum discs.

It's like any mall only a lot more compact and a lot more post modern. Some of the stores just blend together. I mean that quite literally. There are some shops which are just what they are... shops. For instance, there was a sports store we went to. Some were on a mission to find retro sports gear for a club night theme.

I was only there to find an alarm clock. I found one for 12 quid. For those of you who don't know, quid is a slang term for pound. It's not amazing. It just does the job.

Also, the Bullring is famous for a statue of a maroon-ish bull statue which stands outside guarding the front entrance. I forgot to take a photo but I have a feeling we are going to go back again.

Mark bought himself a mini table tennis set. It's now been resting on the kitchen table, which is quite small I might add, and will probably be there for the rest of the year. They play that game all the time. Sometimes whilst others are eating. The ball has landed in several peoples plates and it will probably happen again.

That night, we went up to Harbourne to go to a local pub called The Green Man. The food was quite reasonably priced as were the drinks. I found it interesting in that I spent more at the pub than I ever have at the club. It was a very good night to say the least. The food was also quite good too. I had gamon which is a grilled piece of ham with two eggs on top of it. It was a very good meal.

We also played the Pub Quiz. Essentially, everybody chips in £1 and each table is given a sheet. Then questions are asked. General knowledge. Sports. Movies and TV. That sort of thing. We came in second. That's not the first time we've had a pub quiz night. At the Pritchatts Park social, which is the campus sponsored bar for my village, we had one. My flat came in second that night as well. It seems to becoming a streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment