Thursday, October 15, 2009

In Search of a Winter Coat

This past Wednesday, instead of going to the optional film screening for class, I headed into the City Center to go to the Bullring, the massive shopping center in town.

I had been there before and it was again, a little overwhelming. It's a three story shopping center divided into two halves with the bottom floor connecting both halves. There's a huge bull in front of one of the entrances and one of the sides of the building is covered in aluminum discs.

I walked through that building for probably a good hour. I went from one store to the next trying to find a decent coat. I found some. However, there was always something wrong with it. Didn't like the color or didn't like the fabric. Wasn't sure if it would be warm enough or would it even be worth the price.

I took my search out to the streets and I walked around that area in and around the Bullring for about a half hour. I found jewelery shops (yes, I did look through the windows at the watches) and all sorts of different eateries and take aways.

I found a small little outlet mall right next to the Bullring called the Palisades. I felt it was a lost cause. I didn't really see any stores in there either until out of the corner of my eye I saw what looked like a decent coat.

My search yielded what I was looking for. The store was named Moss. They had proper overcoats, raincoats, trench coats and all the like. Double breasted. Single breasted. Everything. I found what I was looking for, a nice coat made of wool for £90. It's a good coat and it will be one to last for a while.

I actually had to use it today due to the rain. It kept me warm and yes, I realize that this is sort of a pointless blog post which is sort of vain but hey, I feel very Euro with this coat. It's much better than my old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment