Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Covent Garden

After I saw Ghosts I continued to walk around for a while. I had a few hours to kill between that play and my next one. I crammed them in. It was more economical as well as more fun to do it that way. I also saw two on Saturday because I knew I would be exhausted from Friday.

I wandered into Covent Garden Market. Who doesn’t like open air markets? Some of the stores and stalls were selling overpriced junk, yes but still… it was a brilliant place. I had run into it the night prior by mistake but didn’t realize what it was and I didn’t stick around for very long.

I did manage to find a stall which was selling artistic renderings of famous movie stills or of famous musical artists. I bought three. Steve McQueen in Bullitt, Pulp Fiction and The Rolling Stones. I might buy three more next weekend when I’m down there again.

I headed across the Thames towards Waterloo station. I found a place to eat. I had fish and chips. They also were doing cocktails. I bought an old fashioned. It’s one of my favorite drinks. If Don Draper of Mad Men likes it, then that’s good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment