Tuesday, March 9, 2010

London Eye

The next day I woke up. I had missed the breakfast bar at the hotel. I slept in. Whoops.

I got off the tube at Embankment and got some food at the first place I could. Something quick, cheap and fast. McDonald’s. Yes, Yes, I did the American tourist thing and went with what was safe. I realize that I should have gone for something more multicultural or for something which I can’t normally get in Iowa City or in Birmingham for that matter but time was of the essence and I just hedged my bets.

After a “nice” meal, I headed across the Thames towards the London Eye. I had been here before in the winter and it was interesting to see it again but this time I was actually going to go on it. After a long wait in line, I got my ticket. There was another long wait in line to get on it.

The ride itself was quite interesting. The view was astounding. The worst of it was the sun had just come out. The glare was really bad. Also with it being a glass box it made it feel like it was a hot box. Oh well. I saw some pretty cool stuff that on that ride. There really isn't much to talk about really without it sounding cliched. It was just one hell of a view.

Afterwards I headed off towards the Duchess theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment