Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reading Week

A few weeks ago it was reading week. Reading week is a week in which there is no school for the humanities majors. The people in the science courses who don’t have a reading week think it’s a little unfair. It probably is but that isn’t my problem. At this point in the game, I’ve still kept things pretty low key just because I am going to have a lot of free time towards the end of my time here in the UK just because I don’t have a summer term which is essentially the test term. That is when I’m planning on doing most of my traveling around.

I was however interviewed by a girl from one of my classes for her radio show. She had asked me if I would be able to do so last term and I agreed. We also ran into each other quite randomly at the Guild one night. After filmsoc we go there to discuss the movie over drinks.

She interviewed me about various topics: the differences between the UK and the US, things which are different at this University compared to the University of Iowa, experiences I had had and that sort of thing. It was mostly about how different but the same this university and this country was from back home. She also asked for my reasons why I chose Birmingham over others and why I chose to come here instead of going somewhere else.

It was an interspersed with music. It was a pretty good day and it was also a very interesting experience to be interviewed for a few hours over why I’m here.
Later that week one of my friends, Sonia was having a birthday party. We went to Lazerquest which is Lazer Tag but with a different name. It was fun though there was a slight snafu with the taxis. A few friends and I missed the first game but I didn’t mind so much. I just wish the staff personnel weren’t so rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment